Saturday, July 12, 2008

Easily distracted

The word of the day is distracted. I came across a book on drawing animals, one of many things on my to learn list. There are a lot of pictures in the book and the author seems to like horses the most... Then again I didn't get very far in the book because my imagination was already putting things together within the first couple of pages. With inspiration buzzing through my mind I took up residency in front of the TV... bad idea. As someone who can be easily distracted the flickering box quickly grabbed my attention, only to let go during commercials. Progress was slow and inspiration drowned in the ever mind numbing drivel pouring from the screen. The more I watched TV the less I was able to see shapes and imagine things. Below is a great example of that.


I started out drawing middle top, then to right, bottom left and finishing with what can only be seen as a whale wearing a top hat. That was all I could imagine after watching for a couple hours and even that was hard to bring into existence.

No comments: