Friday, May 9, 2008

Animation

The next animations that I will be posting will be up to date, week old - WIP stuff.









I have had a hard time with figuring out what really has been my driving force for art. As it is most of my family has come around to not quiet understanding what I want to do but they are being very encouraging... I know what you think, that should be a good thing right? In many cases I would say yes but I have found that what really drove me is adversity. Yes, that's right! The less someone believes in me the more dedicated I become. Failure was and is not an option when you try to prove people wrong. Do not limit what you can do or believe you can.

I have always been or at least felt as though I am in that position of being pushed aside/ no hope/ let him slide because he is "struggling" kind of thing, since the advent of me being diagnosed with a learning disability. But what really is a better driving force? Being told you can't do something then proving them wrong or being constantly told that everything you do is great? No talent and talent, I believe that if you have talent it's only a head start and that eventually with great effort someone who is believed to have "no talent" can catch up and maybe surpass them. The limiting factor is not the people around you but you yourself. Find what it is that you love about the form and have fun. If you feel you can't draw then look into why, do you know anatomy? Are you looking and seeing(not just looking)? Do you understand the process? (everything made by man has a process of building) Fundamentals!! Do you get too caught up in the how? How should this line look, how do I draw, how come I can't do that!? What you should be doing is what the early philosophers did, question what it is that you are drawing and why the lines(forms, contours, shadows) would be/are doing that. Don't worry about style, worry about structure and what is, not what you think there is or assume there is but the reality of it. Look and see, give reason, purpose, and meaning behind those bumps.

Well this turned into a rant, I get caught up in ideas sometimes and a lot of the time they end up with a life of their own. I hope something makes sense.

No comments: