Sunday, June 22, 2008

The fear

I call it the fear of finishing, if I finish the drawing and it isn't good then I can't say it's not finished. Fearing a blank page and not feeling like you know where do go, I could only hope or wonder, that it is something that everyone feels. I don't know if anyone else gets this feeling but as I am up walking around the house imagery and ideas fill my mind to the point where i rush back to my sketch book only to sit down and not know where to start or how to even get past this block to get to the beginning. Maybe there is just a step missing, maybe the concept isn't developed well enough in my mind to be able to bring it out on the paper. Hmmm, i should try that and see if it makes a difference.

1 comment:

brutally basic said...

I would have no fear if i could draw as well as you.