Friday, June 20, 2008

Learning

Notes are just scribbles if you don't actually believe or understand what your writing. A couple months ago I turned in a couple sketches for some feed back and I didn't just get notes back on how to fix or improve my drawings but I also got a couple notes on, well, my notes. The reply being "Upon reading your notes I don't feel that you actually believe them, they are just there." This struck me pretty hard, I realized I was going through the motions and doing what I thought would be acceptable but there was no fun being had nor pushing the drawing for all that it's worth. No time was really being put in to understanding what they meant or really for how they could be incorporated into the process. Just a feeling of understand, only to realize there was and is a much bigger world out there to explore.

You know as boring as reading a book can be the benefits that later come from its kindling is well worth the time you put into it.



No comments: